Job descriptionOur client is growing their event production team to support marketing, training and media event solutions to the automotive industry and beyond. Projects include live events, ride and drives and other vehicle launch support.
If you excel at managing resources, budgets, timelines, direct support to the executive team and are continually striving to exceed expectations, then this is the company that aligns with your talents.
- Create, maintain, and monitor budgets across multiple projects.
- Create complex budgets for multi-city, multi-million dollar events.
- Procure quotes from vendors and suppliers within a specified timeframe.
- Negotiate with vendors to get favorable rates and special services.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Be able to identify hidden costs and account for them in budgets.
- Research, negotiate and secure event space, if applicable.
- Be the main point of contact for our producers and account managers for budgets.
- Lead internal budget meetings including at project kick off and budget updates/revisions during the course of each project.
- Constant communication with team to meet budget and timeline targets.
- Understand accounting principles and how to incorporate them into monthly reports with our account teams and executive leadership.
- Understand insurance and contract requirements.
- Assess the risk levels associated with projects.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in estimating and budgeting for live and virtual events.
- Strong team player with the ability to motivate others to meet budgetary benchmarks.
- Self-starter mind-set that works well in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, must be detailed and meticulous in calculations.
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable leading meetings with stakeholders both in person and via Teams
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or Keynote)
- Friendly, self-motivated, goal oriented, professional with an “all-in” attitude
- Exceptional time management skills