Job description24 Seven is partnering with their top global sportwear client based in the Portland, OR area to help them find Senior Technical Designer to join their team in this hybrid opportunity! This is a full-time, 6 month contract with great potential to extend or convert to a fulltime opportunity. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of Technical Design experience, with extensive skills in patternmaking and fit. This is for a team that focuses on performance and lifestyle for men's apparel, so apparel tech design is a must, and athletic apparel experience is great to have but not necessary. Huge bonus if you have 3D experience with CLO or Browzwear.
The Senior Technical Designer owns the fit and construction from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned styles to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, and sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
The Senior Technical Designer will create and revise Tech Packs for assigned styles and ensure all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes. In addition, the Senior Technical Designer will drive and execute fit and construction standards for a team or product group to ensure consistency. You will track and facilitate prototyping for styles; identify and address key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plan accordingly to deliver proven and tested product. You will monitor and communicate progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
The Senior Technical Designer keeps abreast of market trends, team goals, new technologies and consumer needs throughout the development process and engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation. Additionally the Senior Technical Designer acts as a technical resource to others and lead initiatives through high energy and positive influence.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
In this role you will also be responsible for the Technical Design of assigned styles product. Working with Design, Product Management and PCC on tailoring the product to the specific consumer needs.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
The Senior Technical Designer will collaborate with Design, Product Management, Product Creation Centers (PCC), Materials and Manufacturing partners, to effectively execute on product development & fit goals deliverables.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• Bachelor's degree in apparel design, textile science or related field
• Additional product creation experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• 5+ years technical design experience in the apparel industry, which includes the apparel development process from inception through production including pattern making, grading, construction, materials, costing, manufacturing and quality
• Strong problem solving, organization and communication skills
• Experience interpreting design intent, offering alternative solutions, and acting as a technical resource
• Expert in writing product specs and construction standards instructions.
• Proficient working with factory vendors to ensure and improve manufacturability
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator, CAD Pattern Design software (Optitex) and 3D software (Clo/Browzwear) highly desired
• Proficiency with MS Office programs
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international)