Job descriptionTiming: Jan/Feb
Hours per week: 40+
Location: Detroit, MI (onsite 3 days/week Tues/Wed/Thurs)
Salary: $150-170K+ DOE
One of our large financial services and technology clients is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Sr. Creative Director to join their in-house agency team for an exciting all-new position.
This Sr. Creative Director will be reporting directly to the company's ECD and responsible for overseeing the execution of big ideas and compelling storytelling, collaborating and leading work that is strategically sound, and examining insights and strategy to deliver creative on par with the growth of the business/brand.
The Sr. Creative Director must be excited to inspire creative teams, push the development of creative solutions while communicating, delivering, and optimizing cross-platform strategic initiatives; remaining hands-on when it comes to coaching/mentoring, obsessed with generating creative value that impacts business outcomes, and able to direct and lead multiple creative functions to support the strategic goals of the organization and its brands.
Ideal Sr. Creative Director candidates will have:
- At least 10+ years of in-house creative department and/or agency experience required; preferably both
- BA degree in art, communications, marketing or another related field
- Expert in creative, brand, marketing, customer experience and content strategy
- At least 5+ years of experience managing and directing creative directors and teams on executing creative campaign assets, presentations, etc.
- Basic understanding of the methodologies of research and analytics in order to glean insights and apply them to creative concepts and executions
- Expert in creating impactful content across integrated media channels including broadcast, print, digital and social media channels.
- Proven track record of producing branded and breakthrough ideas.
- Expert of tools, marketing technology and operational tactics a plus
- Expert of live & post-production processes
- Entrepreneurial mindset and very strong written, verbal and presentation skills; shows proven ability to pitch and influence in creative concepts; has the ability to sell highly conceptual ideas; shows the realm of the possible and makes it tangible
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple teams and creative functions simultaneously - set priorities, utilize resources, identify and meet deadlines
- Ability to build rapport with and influence c-suite executives
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office, Figma, and Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and XD
- Familiarity in the development of brand management principles and guidelines
- Knowledge of project management systems, digital asset management systems and content management systems
- Experience in advertising or marketing for the FinTech industry
- Experience across B2C and B2B industries
- Strong portfolio that reflects work for global or nationally recognized brands
- Ensure creative product delivers on high standards, remains cutting-edge and stays best in class ahead of competition at all times
- Act as a thought leader by continuously identifying and finding solutions for areas of opportunity in the business by way of creative problem solving and brand alignment
- Manage multiple creative functions in an efficient and effective manner while seeking out innovative ways to deliver results.
- Set priorities and allocate resources, regularly assessing/building the capability of the team to ensure team is built on strengths and continuing to develop skills necessary to deliver results
- Listen, question, prioritize and translate business situations, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts through the production process
- Lead the ideation and execution of integrated marketing campaigns, customer experiences and content creation to achieve or exceed business objectives and advance the brand
- Lead, coach, guide and motivate team with a clear statement of goals and support in building toward those goals. Consistently take a leadership role in organizing project teams, encouraging collaboration and innovation, and developing plans for both internal and cross-functional projects or initiatives
- Present, pitch and sell ideas successfully provide guidance to creative directors, graphic designers and copywriters while actively giving and receiving feedback at all stages of a project
- Leverage the talents of the art direction, graphic design, motion design and copywriting along with content studio teams toward goals
- Work with other leaders and teams to ensure creative and messaging needs are met while adhering to the guidelines for strategy, brand messaging and integrated communication channels?
- Work closely with creative strategists, project managers and producers to drive the creative team to stay within budget, meet timing requirements and project parameters
- Adapt plans and priorities to meet business objectives and/or operational challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Build the capability of individuals and teams through coaching and mentoring
- Engage in resources to grow expertise in creative direction and or specific areas of creative disciplines, remain on pulse of industry trends and processes to produce innovative, solution-orientated work
- Engage in resources to grow knowledge of company brands and their audiences to build business acumen for the FinTech industry
- Actively develop open and trusted relationships across the organization
- Drive company culture and orchestrate team engagement activities
- Stay active in the marketing/advertising community in order to share the brand story
*Must be local to metro Detroit, relocation available
**Onsite Tues/Wed/Thurs schedule required, minimum 3+ days/week
***Eligible for great perks/benefits
****Background and credit check required