Our client is an iconic men’s, women’s and children’s fashion brand that are dedicated to bringing fun, classic, high-quality clothing to its customers. The company is all about the people – employees included – and takes pride in giving back and doing what’s best for its teams, its customers and their communities. The company is all about creating a work environment that is conducive to creativity & getting things done. Their cool, modern offices and warm and inviting company culture are just 2 examples of how they achieve that.
• Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category.
• Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
• Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
• Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts.
• Recommends product/key items that demonstrate a clear point of view.
• Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
• Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
• Provides direction for colorways on stripes, plaids and prints.
• Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
• Creates BOMs
• Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design integrity, and that design packages are complete and accurate.
• Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
• College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
• Minimum 4-6 years design experience.
• Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to hand sketch.
• Strong design and conceptual skills.
• Strong sense of style and color.
• Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment