Our client, a leader in the beauty and Retail space, is looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant to their team on a 7 month contract basis with potential to extend; remote through December 2023.
Overview: Looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant to support Sr. Mgr, IT Services. The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for daily supervision of a team of four Staff Accountants that reconcile invoices for the IT department.
- Review the work of four Staff Accountants that review and reconcile IT invoices based on hours entered in PPM tool (Planview).
- Review and resolve complex reconciliation issues that are escalated by the Staff Accountants.
- Ensure that invoice coding complies with accounting policy (Capital vs. Expense).
- Review contracts and SOWs for pertinent details.
- Work with vendors to monitor aging items and to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Respond to inquiries from internal partners regarding the status of invoice payments.
- Work collaboratively with Project Management Team.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Help ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA a plus.
- 3-5 years of accounting or relevant experience.
- Solid analytical skills and technical accounting knowledge.
- Understanding of financial processes and internal controls.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently, as well as with a group.
- Dedicated and detail oriented.
- Self-starter with willingness to work hands-on.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, SAP or Ariba knowledge is a plus.
- Planview experience is a plus.