Job descriptionOur client, a major apparel brand is looking for a Strategy Director to join their team!
Hybrid schedule - 3 days remote, 2 days in the office
Must be vaccinated
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are in search for a commercial and consumer-centric strategist to challenge conventional thinking and who is comfortable navigating ambiguity to bring focus. The successful candidate will have a track record of leading complex, multi-functional projects across a range of consumer/membership topics (consumer segmentation, portfolio strategy, online and offline experience, etc.). The successful candidate will report into the VP, Key City Leader LA and will be working closely with the LA City Leadership team to help execute the future of the new sport city marketplace in Los Angeles. We’re looking for a strategy leader with experience in top-tier strategy consulting, industry/consumer strategy and/or innovation consulting. This person will be comfortable operating at C-suite level, with proven influencing and problem structuring skills.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You’ll be working with the LA Key City VP and Leadership Team to further define and help execute the future of the sport marketplace. You will partner with multiple functions across the organization to execute the strategy. You will be a critical thought partner to the Key City VPs, whilst taking individual ownership of strategic project work, as well as acting as Chief of Staff. In addition, you will be expected to contribute to how we bring outside-in fresh perspectives to continue to define the future of sport.
WHAT YOU BRING
As a Director of Strategy you will be a key driver of the strategic business planning process and critical strategic projects rooted in complex business issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and training.
• 8+ years of proven experience in corporate development, corporate strategy, strategy consulting, business development, or a related field.
• Or 6+ years of experience (2+ years’ experience post-MBA) is required with an MBA/Master’s degree.
• Experience in leading complex strategic projects and demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action.
• Mastery of business communication tools and verbal/written communication to promote conceptual understanding and mobilize change through storytelling.
• Apparel/footwear, retail, merchandising, digital/ecommerce and/or experience in consumer facing industries and demonstrated understanding of the competitive landscape / retail marketplace.
• Experience supporting senior/executive leaders.
• Proven ability to directly lead cross-functional teams & projects