Job description24 Seven is partnering with a top global sportwear client based in the Portland, OR region to help them find a Studio Technician for this onsite position. This is a 12 month contract with potential to extend or convert to a fulltime salaried position. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
The ideal candidate: Will have experience in a studio environment and be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as well as be a self-starter, have knowledge of design equipment and have a strong work ethic.
Who We Are Looking For:
We looking for a full-time in-person (40hr/wk) Studio Technician to support the maker space daily through a predominately “on-duty” role.
A successful Studio Technician is an organized problem solver with an ability to perform daily operations including equipment maintenance and general studio stewardship. You are self-initiated, collaborative, safety minded, and embody progress over perfection. You love learning new equipment and processes and thrive with variability and be agile with change.
You will be on the ground in a high-paced maker space where there is no typical work day. You will work closely with the Studio Manager and Studio Specialists as well as designers daily.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• On-duty technician for general studio questions and quick technical help
• General studio maintenance, organization, and clean up
• Monitor inventory and maintain studio materials and supplies
• Oversee general use and upkeep of introductory equipment including vinyl cutter, laser cutter, sublimation printer, risograph, and threading of sewing machines
• Assist Studio Specialists in projects and equipment as needed
• Support programming events as needed
What You Bring:
• A positive attitude and have excellent people skills/customer service
• Ability to work effectively with others in team-orientated environment
• Understanding of design and making in a studio environment
• Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, with the ability to quickly learn additional design software
• Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, lift, squat, reach, climb a ladder, and stand for extended periods of time
• 3D design and printing
• Footwear and apparel design and construction
• Digital embroidery
• Wash + dye
• Shop tools and fabrication