Job description24 Seven is partnering up with an IT solutions firm based in Tigard, OR to help them find a System Administrator to join their team! This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with benefits.
Dual areas of responsibility maintaining availability and access of client networks as well as administration of company's environment. This position requires superb attention to detail, multi-tasking, critical thinking, communication, follow-through, and time management skills. In addition, this position requires someone to be creative with problem-solving, highly motivated with a solid technical foundation.
- Responsible for maintaining, configuring, and reliably operating computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, ensuring all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved promptly with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates, support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Perform routine and scheduled audits of all systems, including backups.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field.
- 5+ years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are required.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, Citrix, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategies and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols