Job descriptionTitle: Order Management Specialist
Location: Marlborough, Mass. (outside of Boston)
Schedule: On-site (40 hours per week)
Duration: 12 months, with potential to convert to Fulltime.
Our client, a life sciences leader, is looking to bring on a Freelance Order Management Specialist (office administrative duties) starting 2/6, for a 12+ month contract outside of Boston, MA.
The Order Management Specialist is responsible for functions within the Order Management department which include processing orders for company products, expediting and coordinating flow of work within or between internal departments, and reviewing agreements or proposed agreements for conformity to company rates, rules, and regulations. This position reports to the Order Management Managers for the department.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled developed through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
- Achieve outstanding ‘Customer Experience’ services by investigation and responding to external and internal inquiries or issues in a timely manner
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision.
- Is skilled in a range of processes, procedures, and systems to carry out assigned tasks or have developed deep skills in a multiple area within Order Management Team
- Pursue continuous improvement initiatives
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Demonstrates basic problem-solving skills through investigative approach
- Uses knowledge of how the team integrates with others to accomplish the team objectives
- Ability to review and comprehend customer sales agreements, proposals, purchase orders, and related information
- Excellent data entry skills to quickly and accurately review and input data
- Ability to work well under pressure, effectively manage priorities, and maintain professionalism during stressful situations
- Acts as escalation focal point for customers, working closely with cross functional departments
- Responds to customer requests and order-related inquiries, and addresses customer satisfaction issues
- Ensures order requests, follow company policies and practices: Verify pricing, terms, and other items, assists in-process troubleshooting as require
- Helps to coordinate activities which require special handling to ensure delivery commitments are met, communicates order status, and related items as required.
- Drives resolutions to issues which delay order shipments and meet on time delivery
- Effectively engage with external customers and partners, lenders and internal departments including shipping, finance, materials, technical support, service, sales and marketing, legal, and other departments as business needs require
- Provide customer related reports to management, sales and customer as needed/required
- Strong ability to follow procedural guidelines and respond to and/or research customer concerns / inquiries with urgency and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (preferred)
- Knowledge SAP, Salesforce, ERP Systems (preferred)
- GHX/EDI (preferred)
- Experience with call center technology – (Anywhere365) (preferred)