Job descriptionUX Researcher
90-100K salary + Full Benefits
Hybrid - 3 days onsite
Location: Orlando, FL
This your chance to work for an internationally known entertainment and hospitality brand.
The Manager, Global UXUI Experience Design, Research & Accessibility role is a core member of the Global Experience Design Group, working closely with a cross functional team to craft usability studies, analyze results, and derive insights and recommendations to inform development of new experiences that unlock the potential of client’s products and platforms for our guests. Leads and supports the development of usability testing and accessibility strategies and activities focused on driving business results and validating useful, usable, accessible, and delightful interactions across our global digital product experiences.
USABILITY TESTING & ACCESSIBILITY ANALYSES
- Conduct usability testing to test hypotheses of iterative design work that will transform and enhance the user experience as well as to identify design problems, uncover opportunities for improvement and learn about the target user’s behavior and preferences.
- Collect and analyze KPIs to make informed data-driven recommendations for UX/UI improvements. Use findings as a positive focal point for collaboration and product design evolution.
- Write detailed study plans including goals, hypothesis, metrics, and study approach.
- Apply the best methods to answer UX research questions.
- Be accountable for ensuring quality of usability tests.
- Consolidate test findings into a compelling insightful story to share with stakeholders.
- Have a passion for refining design solutions based on evidence, UX research methodology and results, and accessibility principles, collaborating directly with consumer insights, analytics and research teams as well as product and technology teams.
- This is a hands-on role, and the candidate will be expected to execute work and will be responsible for planning and conducting usability and accessibility tests, reviews, analysis, and documentation as part of the role.
LEADERSHIP AND COLLABORATION
- Define and conduct qualitative research, including usability studies, interviews, and more to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design in partnership with the Global UXUI Experience Design Team, Product and Technology teams.
- Be a vocal Champion and encourage team members to deliver accessible and innovative design solutions that improve engagement, conversion and build fan loyalty across our digital platforms.
- Ensure consistent, cross-functional communication across marketing and experience teams to include IT, Business Operations, Marketing, Creative, Revenue Operations and Finance relative to key business decisions and customer engagement.
- Achieve operational excellence and superior guest experience advancements by building and sustaining a high-performing UXUI product design team to achieve and exceed goals and objectives.
- Coach team members in user research methodology and accessibility principles—particularly those less-experienced in research disciplines.
- Develop and conduct usability testing strategies and activities that support the Global Experience Design vision and strategies across the consumer journey with a focus on identifying customer challenges to help improve the user experience.
- Partner on development of end-to-end experiences and enhancements across all customer touch points and channels in partnership with a cross functional team.
- Conduct usability tests and heuristic reviews, competitive research, and assess end-to-end business processes and practices to identify and implement enhancements that improve customer satisfaction in effort to deepen loyalty and trust with our guests.
- Share insights and recommend solutions for key business decisions with and through the organization to enable alignment and collaboration as new products or enhancements roll out.
- Ensure that the designed practices, annual product and consumer targets, and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met based on the experiences delivered. In addition, be responsible for profit and loss as well as operational profitability of the product as influenced by the consumer’s reception and experience.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Undergraduate degree in User Experience, Experience Design, Human Factors, Psychology, UX Research, Human Centered Interaction and/or Interaction Design is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with demonstrated leadership in user research and usability testing for digital experiences. IA, UX, or CD in a progressive technology enablement, innovation, or marketing organization
- 2+ years’ experience as a Senior UX Researcher or Senior Designer developing digital interactive products or experiences.
- Accessibility certification and experience preferred
- Experience with immersive technologies, ecommerce sites in the travel and hospitality sector, rewards/engagement and loyalty programs are a plus. Must present a portfolio of work that includes usability research case studies and demonstrate strong UX and interaction design excellence or equivalent combination of education and experience.