The VP of Marketing is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of an organization's marketing and advertising initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities (Include But Are Not Limited To):
- Lead our performance marketing team and create a world-class experience for our customers.
- Partner with our senior leaders to define and execute on strategies for scaling paid acquisition through diversifying channels including social media, search, affiliates, TV, audio, etc.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets; measure and optimize marketing campaigns to ensure high return on investment.
- Translate company goals into integrated marketing strategies and execute across multiple channels to drive key growth metrics. to attracting the best talent in the marketplace.
- Increase engagement and build a community around marketing efforts.
- Consult regularly with the senior and executive team to thoroughly understand the marketing needs to successfully deliver against the organization’s vision, long term strategy, and annual goals.
- Plans, organizes, and represents the company at trade shows and industry events.
- Develop online/offline marketing communications campaigns to target specific customers segments and drive improved lead generation, resulting in increased sales.
- Actively seek creative ways to secure new and profitable business through brand awareness, new customer relationships, expanding on existing relationships, development of partnerships, or other marketing strategies.
- Identify new markets that will allow us to continue to grow the business in both traditional and nontraditional ways.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the customer, including their needs, expectations, and behaviors at every stage of the customer journey. Anticipate customer needs and behaviors.
- Listen to clients and utilize technology to scale the listening process. Then translate the information into specific strategies and action items.
- Develop, deliver, and communicate value propositions to clients.
- Marry data with creativity to find new ways to engage, entertain, and delight customers.
- Lead market research, data analysis, results orientation, and the regular use of metrics in daily management.
- Optimize marketing expertise and leverage best practice models/processes, tools, technology, and partners to drive marketing decisions and the client experience.
- Use analytics to create value for internal customers and to clearly communicate the impact that various marketing programs are having.
- Continuously acquire new knowledge and share intelligence across the organization. Actively research new channels, platforms, processes, technical innovations, etc.
- Use data and analytics tools to gather real-time insights to inform marketing strategies and programs. Synthesize and turn those data points into actionable insights and stories that will resonate with the business. Then take that data to drive the necessary changes internally to provide greater value and better experiences to both internal and external customers.
- 10+ years of performance marketing experience in a competitive D2C environment
- Three to five years of experience in a leadership role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- An advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred
- Experience owning all paid acquisition efforts and working closely with creative to maximize ROI on ad spend
- Expertise in paid social (Facebook or TikTok) or paid search is required
- Experience scaling marketing budget while increasing ROAS or LTV