The Digital Marketing Director drives marketing priorities with senior leadership and line managers to ensure the brand is achieving long-term goals. The role’s objective is to develop and manage all ecommerce marketing activities and enable smooth running of Digital Marketing operations, and simultaneously build the brands equity. The role requires a customer-centric mindset and strong bias for action. These activities will include, but are not limited to, supporting a 3-to-5-year strategic roadmap, developing and executing media campaigns, strategies and creative. Develop and own email and SMS marketing campaigns, constantly looking for improvements to help achieve goals. Manage D2C, Amazon, and Retailer.com content strategy and execution with senior stakeholders. Develop and upskill team of 3 direct reports and co-manage external partners.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a born leader: Through your experience, your partnerships, emotional intelligence, and business acumen, you will create marketing strategies & processes that support our business priorities and goals.
A Doer. As our brand marketing leader, you will do it all, from developing go-to-market plans to awareness strategy to leading our multiyear marketing roadmap
You’re a dot connector: You immerse yourself in the organization to build productive relationships with internal and external, senior stakeholders – all to maintain and grow the brand equity
You’re an inventor: If the right process doesn’t exist, you aren’t afraid to create it
And you care a lot. You are authentic, compassionate and lead with your heart and mind
• Define the digital commerce strategy for the brand across owned DTC channel, Amazon, and Retailer dotcom with an omnichannel focus
• Lead the development, implementation and analysis of all digital marketing activities and content strategy across DTC and Amazon
• Develop and manage full-funnel media strategy, plan, and execution with advertising agency across DTC, Amazon, and retailer touch points.
• Proficient at monitoring and optimizing advertising KPI’s for paid social, paid search, display, and discovery media on various platforms (Google, Meta, YouTube, TikTok, Snap, etc.)
• Develop and Manage Affiliate strategy and performance to meet company growth targets
• Manage day-to-day employee relations across Digital Marketing team, including 3 internal direct reports.
• Own the brands outreach marketing for both email and SMS channels, developing,
implementing, and monitoring a strategy to achieve quarterly growth targets
• Be responsible for defining the digital activation behind campaign and product launch support on all digital channels
• Collaborate with various internal partners & external agency partners (brand marketing, influencer marketing, e-commerce, agency partners) to deliver campaigns, manage high volume budgets.
• Co-manage marketing budget and spend with Chief Marketing Officer.
• Responsible for developing and maintain knowledge of all key marketing activities.
• Provide data driven insights into marketing dynamics, product performance, channel initiates, and consumer segments using existing data, internal research, and market insights platforms.
• Foster leadership success as a proactive thought partner, anticipating the business cycles and serving as a consultant during periods of change.
• Coach and consult on marketing design and management, as well as challenging and/or influencing decision-making processes.
• Develop and execute marketing activities such as 360 campaigns and partnerships, able to design and present a business case with clear outcomes and projections.
• Support Chief Marketing & Creative officer in development and execution of 3-to-5-year brand vision.
• Manage relationship with greater Unilever partners to ensure the brand is aware of policies, tools, compliance, and in general, benefitting from the deep expertise outside of our organization.
What Skills Are Needed to Succeed
• 6-8 years relevant marketing experience
• 4+ years digital advertising experience
• BA/BS Required, MBA preferred
• Has experience owning DTC and Amazon marketing strategies
• Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively as
well as ability to influence others
• Strong organizational skills are important as well as attention to details and an ability to multitask and see work through to completion (project management experience a plus)
• Ability to train and develop a team and upskill junior associates
• Proven track record of successfully working in a growing, dynamic organization
• Ability to develop and present a business case, supporting goals with data driven insights
• Ability to work independently, taking ownership to positively influence end to end results
despite differing goals and priorities
• Action-oriented to initiate appropriate resources and tools to ensure delivery of key projects
• Strong stakeholder management with ability to impact and influence different areas of the
• Continuous improvement / simplification and detail-oriented mindset
• 15 PTO days plus 3 Recharge days
• Paid Family Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Assistance Program